Ramblings on life as I attempt to grasp a better understanding of God and how He is connected with It.

7.16.2008

A Meeting in the Meadow

With this entry, I hope to begin a (possible) series of fictional debates between two characters, Mr. Jevius and Sir Smith-Cotton. As a disclaimer: my own belief and my own faith align with Mr. Jevius. The purpose of this entry is simply to create a debate, with influences from similar conversations/debates I have experienced in the past.

I affirm the Holy Trinity, and I denounce the theory of evolution. Furthermore, I affirm that the Doctrine of the Holy Trinity is fully supported by the Biblical Text and is necessary in understanding the Greatness and Holiness of God. Our Triune God fully makes creation, redemption and glorification a reality. Likewise, I denounce that the theory of evolution is supported by the Biblical Text and it merely is a modern scientific marvel that distorts and threatens the truth of the Bible.

And So We Begin:

Mr. Jevius| I know we have discussed and debated numerous issues in the past, but I desire to speak still on a most controversial topic, quite plainly: evolution.

Sir Smith-Cotton| Indeed. This is one of my favorite topics and would be delighted to entertain.

Mr. Jevius| Most pleasant. Now, we both know of where the other stands on this case. Though I disagree with your stance, kind sir, I can understand how you arrive at your conclusion. But this primarily is my first point of dismissal. I very much agree that your position can be viewed as "reasonable," but I find, in the acceptance of such a stance that there is nothing supportive of such a claim found in the Word of God. And therein lies my problem. Should someone take up the Word of God with no previous knowledge, be it scientific or otherwise, there is not one instance in a thousand when that man would conclude that the Lord had brought about existence as we know it today through the method of evolution.

Sir Smith-Cotton| On the contrary, my friend, how many in that same thousand would pick up the Word of God for the first time, and having no previous knowledge—be it tradition or the like—after a thorough reading come away with the conclusion that God exists eternally in three persons? As you can see, the criticism that you hold against my stance is profitable also to accuse your own stance. 

Mr. Jevius | However, there indeed are a great many verses in the text that clearly express a God of Triunity—

Sir Smith-Cotton | Rubbish! You have only the conjectures of men past to come to that stance. Certainly there are verses that speak of a "Father" God, and this Jesus "Son" God, and also "Spirit" God; but numerous other passages speak of there being only one God. If it is so simple for you to deny the truth of evolution yet so easily hold to the stretch of a Triune God, then I say that your mind is not brought to conclusions by your reason and thought but only sweet influence of the past. And thus, through mine own reason and thought, and a great deal of study, have I concluded while studying the Word of God as well as many other important works, that evolution is the truth of our current state of being. This said, even with the firm faith that the God of the Bible is alive and active in our lives today.



2 comments:

Adam Pastor said...

Greetings

On the subject of the trinity,
I recommend this video:
The Human Jesus

Take a couple of hours to watch it; and prayerfully it will aid you to

reconsider "The Trinity"

Yours In Messiah
Adam Pastor

Anonymous said...

I have read about your faith and beliefs. The message below is not meant to clash with your beliefs, only to support it and offer another reality that lies within the consciousness of many people.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please forgive this intrusion and accept my apologies for not keeping this comment in tune with the subject matter. I have my reasons for making this contact. My blogs begin in the Squidoo site that have a module attached which allows the Google search engine to attract other blogs to me that may contain either similar content, key words or phrases, or even the energy that lies behind words. Do you find this hard to comprehend, especially the latter claim? Well, I found you and I certainly wasn’t looking for you!

Within your consciousness, do you allow for the fact that all things – without exception – are connected? Even if your interests don’t lie here, surely you must have given a thought about this at some time or other? Through quantum theory discoveries, science is already proving that we are closer to one another than we could have ever imagined. Because of this, and for whatever other reasons that lie beyond my reasoning ability, I have just completed a novel that I co-authored with another.

Although this book is fiction, it is based around facts that have been hidden from us for thousands of years. The “Interconnectedness of multi-dimensional consciousness” is a phrase that is used in the novel. It will soon be published and in the meantime, it is the responsibility of my writing partner and me to market it in the best way possible.

Please have a look in at The Meadow home page and discover what truly happens to us as we interact on what we believe to be the physical aspects which facilitate electronic communication. Perhaps it is now time to let our minds leave the conditioned state that only allows our five senses to feed us, and see into the real world which is totally within your power.

“The Meadow” is a story about undying and enduring love. It covers the many lives of two souls as they evolve through time, from antiquity to the twenty first century, and always suffering the polarities that a physical environment can throw upon us. The tale demonstrates the connectedness of everything and brings with it a colourful story which involves characters and memories that will remain with you once you have finished reading the book.

If you like what you find, please bookmark it for future reference and wait for the opportunity when you can read this great epic. Also please pass on this link to your friends and fellow bloggers who you would consider to be potential readers. Thank you for reading this and apologies for any offence that can have occurred.

Mike O'Hare